This quest entails kayaking on all the lakes surrounding Metro Phoenix. While most are reservoirs just outside the urbanized area, there are also several within the city limits of Tempe and Scottsdale.
What Qualifies (?)
The 11 publicly-managed lakes and reservoirs that are accessible to boating in the greater Phoenix metro area, including those on the Agua Fria, Salt, and Verde Rivers. Lakes that are privately managed, such as those in master planned communities, are not included.
List of Objectives
- Apache Lake
- Bartlett Lake
- Canyon Lake
- Chaparral Lake
- Horseshoe Lake
- Kiwanis Lake
- Lake Pleasant
- McKellips Lake
- Roosevelt Lake
- Saguaro Lake
- Tempe Town Lake
Connect with fellow questers!
Be sure to add #GoQuesting1279 when you post about this quest on social media or a blog so other questers can find you.
Want to connect with others working on this same quest? Click these links to automatically search for this quest on each network (pro tip: save this search for next time!):
Tips and Resources
- These lakes are managed by Tonto National Forest, Lake Pleasant Regional Park, the City of Tempe, and the City of Scottsdale.
- Tonto National Forest generally requires a Tonto Pass to park for boating at Apache, Canyon, Saguaro, and Roosevelt, but check this page for details on your intended launching spot. America the Beautiful Interagency passes are also accepted.
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park charges both an entrance fee and a fee for each non-motorized boat. You can also purchase annual passes and discount books.
- Tempe requires boating permits for Kiwanis and Tempe Town lakes. Scottsdale does not require one for Chaparral and McKellips lakes.
#GoQuesting relies on the Questing Community—that’s YOU!—to maintain and improve these quest pages.
- Updates to the list of objectives
- Add a resource or tip
- Add yourself as a quest finisher
- Add yourself as a quester
- Something else
Please submit any suggested updates using these forms. Thank you! 🙏