This quest involves hiking on a portion of each of the 11 National Scenic Trails (NST) in the US.
NOTE → If you’re interested in section hiking a particular National Scenic Trail, check out the Section Hiking theme.
What Qualifies (?)
Simply hiking a portion of each trail counts as completing the objective. What constitutues a “portion?” That’s up to you. A common minimum visit is hiking at least one mile.
List of Objectives
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail
- Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail
- Continental Divide National Scenic Trail
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Ice Age National Scenic Trail
- Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail
- Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail
- Florida National Scenic Trail
- Arizona National Scenic Trail
- New England National Scenic Trail
- Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail
Map of Objectives
Connect with fellow questers!
Be sure to add #GoQuesting and #GoQuesting1385 when you post about this quest on social media or a blog so other questers can find you.
Want to connect with others working on this same quest? Click these links to automatically search for this quest on each network (pro tip: save this search for next time!):
- (add yourself!)
Tips and Resources
- Here is an incredibly useful interactive map that shows both National Scenic Trails and National Historic Trails. You can select only NSTs using the “Layer List” button in the top right corner.
- This NPS page has links to the primary homepage of each NST and is a great starting point. Keep in mind that some
- Linked below is a large pdf map of the National Trails System, circa 2010. Additional formats are also available.
- There are a number of apps and guidebooks dedicated to individual NSTs, which could be handy for your visit.
- Some of the best resources are published by trail support organizations.
- Here’s a great map poster (several styles available) for keeping track of your quest progress. These posters include both National Scenic and Historic Trails.
#GoQuesting relies on the Questing Community—that’s YOU!—to maintain and improve these quest pages.
- Updates to the list of objectives
- Add a resource or tip
- Add yourself as a quest finisher
- Add yourself as a quester
- Something else
Please submit any suggested updates using these forms. Thank you! 🙏