May 31, 2022
This quest involves visiting all the railway museums in California.
What Qualifies (?)
Visiting each museum counts as completing the objective.
Map of Objectives
List of Objectives
- California State Railroad Museum - Sacramento
- Golden Gate Railroad Museum - Sunol
- Laws Railroad Museum and Historic Site - Laws
- Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad & Transportation Museum - Nevada City
- Niles Canyon Railway - Fremont
- Pacific Southwest Railway Museum - Campo
- Petaluma Trolley Living History Railway Museum - Pentaluma
- RailGiants Train Museum - Pomona
- Railtown 1897 State Historic Park - Jamestown
- San Diego Electric Railway Association - National City
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum - San Diego
- San Francisco Cable Car Museum - San Francisco
- San Francisco Railway Museum - San Francisco
- Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources - Fremont
- South Coast Railroad Museum - Goleta
- Southern California Railway Museum - Perris
- Tehachapi Railroad Depot - Tehachapi
- Travel Town Museum - Los Angeles
- Western America Railroad Museum - Barstow
- Western Pacific Railroad Museum - Portola
- Western Railway Museum - Rio Vista
Connect with fellow questers!
Be sure to add #GoQuesting2680 when you post about this quest on social media or a blog so other questers can find you.
Want to connect with others working on this same quest? Click these links to automatically search for this quest on each network (pro tip: save this search for next time!):
- None yet!
California Heritage Railroads
Tips and Resources
- Wikipedia provides a list of railway museums with additional links to each museum.
Help make this better
#GoQuesting relies on the Questing Community—that’s YOU!—to maintain and improve these quest pages.
- Updates to the list of objectives
- Add a resource or tip
- Add yourself as a quest finisher
- Add yourself as a quester
- Something else
Please submit any suggested updates using these forms. Thank you! 🙏